Gold Coast Verticals can supply and install simple child safety devices for all kinds of Vertical, Roller and Venetian Blinds.
The Queensland Government recommends the following safety precautions around family homes where blinds are installed:
- Make sure children can’t reach any blind or curtain cords, especially if they stand on the furniture.
- Don’t let cords dangle into or near children’s equipment such as cots, high chairs, playpens and anything else your child sits on, lies in or climbs on.
- Make sure the bottom of any blind or curtain cord is at least 160cm above the floor. Wrap blind cords securely around a hook attached high on the wall.
- For older blinds install a cord tensioning device, such as cord holders and wind-ups, to hold the cord tight against a wall. Alternatively, retrofit the blind or curtain cord with breakaway tassels.
- Seek advice – all new blinds must meet safety standards and be installed in a safe manner.
For more information visit the Queensland Government’s consumer rights website.